Welcome to the middle of April----6 weeks of school left.
For all parents/guardians and students:
- State testing is winding down with make-up testing for our students is remaining.
- we will have an assembly on that day with even classes.
- Students, as we do our state testing you will notice that your personal devices will not connect to the WiFi. Our district is using all our bandwidth for our computers so our students can do their mandatory state testing. When all state testing is over, the student WiFi will be opened up again for student use. Thank you for your patience.
- Do well on AZ Merit Testing and AIMS and you will earn:
If students score Proficient on the Azmerit and or the AIMS test, they will earn no less than a C for both semesters of that course.
Students earning Proficient on the AzMerit and or the AIMS tests for each content area (ELA, Mathematics and Science) will receive a free quiz pass.
If students score Highly Proficient on the Azmerit test and or the AIMS tests, they will get up to a 10% increase (1 letter grade) for each semester of that course (maximum grade being 100%).
Students earning Highly Proficient in all three content areas (or two if not taking science) will receive a free test pass for 2017-2018 school year.
Students earning Highly Proficient in all three content areas (or two if not taking science) will choose an additional incentive for the 2018-19 school year.
CHS Activities Pass
CHS parking pass
CHS Homecoming Tickets
Raffle for a CHS yearbook
- Prom is around the corner—please download the guest permission form if you plan on bringing an out of district guest.
- At the Governing Board meeting on April 11 our new auditorium, (which is under construction), received its official name.....Combs Performing Arts Center will open officially in January 2019.
- For our out of district students is the deadline for your re-application for the 2018-19 school year. Please contact our main office for the documents or see our J.O. Combs website.
COUNSELING DEPARTMENT: Upcoming events from the CHS counselors, please add these dates to your calendar. Students, please see your counselor for more information on these post-secondary opportunities.
4th Quarter activities:
- Counseling will be in classrooms for transition guidance in April. (What your student can expect for the next school year)
- Counseling will be preparing for Awards Night on . If you are a senior who has been received a scholarship to a post-secondary institution a form will be sent out shortly to complete. Make sure you are recognized!
Summer School 2018
- It is not too early to start planning for summer school. The registration portal is open on the J.O. Combs website www.jocombs.org go to the Community Education tab to sign up. You can also find the link on the CHS site under Academics https://combshs.jocombs.org/. Summer school will be Mondays-Thursdays with all Fridays off. There will be two sessions an AM and PM session. Please registrar today, when sections are full, the portal will close, do not miss your opportunity! Also, scholarships are available for tuition, please see the attachment to apply and to learn about this opportunity. The due date for all applications is .
Free/Reduced Applications: Are accepted all year long.
- Students who are eligible for free and/or reduced lunch are also eligible for free and/or reduced breakfast daily. Students may also receive a reduction on AP Exams, tutoring scholarships and college scholarships. Make sure your student is afforded every opportunity. Parents may also submit the Free and Reduced Lunch Application online. Please visit https://secure.ezmealapp.com/
Default.aspxto begin the process. Please call 480-987-5312 if you need any assistance.
- EzSchoolpay.com: This is an online payment option for parents to add money and monitor student accounts. Please call 480-987-5312 for your student’s ID number. Checking your child’s account balance and making payments online are great benefits. There is a $2.50 processing fee for each transaction.
Coyote Clubs/Activities and Sports:
- Interested in Dance? Check out what his happening with the Rush Dance Team on their website---https://www.
Athletic and Activities calendar:
April 13---Baseball vs Bradshaw Mtn. Varsity Home—
-- SOFTBALL @ Bradshaw Mountain
JV Softball HOME vs. Bradshaw Mountain
--BASEBALL @ Apache Junction
JV Baseball HOME vs. Apache Junction
SOFTBALL HOME vs. Apache Junction
JV Softball @ Apache Junction
Boys VOLLEYBALL HOME vs. Williamsfield 4:30/5:30 p.m.
--TRACK HOME vs. Higley, Florence
UNIFIED BASKETBALL @ Higley
--BASEBALL HOME vs. Apache Junction
JV Baseball @ Apache Junction
SOFTBALL @ Apache Junction
JV Softball HOME vs. Apache Junction
Boys VOLLEYBALL @ Poston Butte
--TRACK @ Queen Creek
Boys TENNIS @ State Qualifier
Girls TENNIS @ State Qualifier
Boys VOLLEYBALL @ Westwood Tournament
--UNIFIED BASKETBALL @ Hamilton
--JV Baseball @ Bradshaw Mountain
Boys VOLLEYBALL @ Leading Edge Academy
--TRACK @ Desert Vista
SOFTBALL (STATE PLAY-IN)
- Boys VOLLEYBALL HOME vs. Campo Verde 4:00/5:30 p.m.
- Boys VOLLEYBALL HOME vs. Queen Creek 4:00/5:30 p.m.
- SOFTBALL 1st Round STATE PLAYOFFS---TBA
- Baseball beat Florence, Cortez: JV Baseball beat Cortez
- Softball beat Washington, Cortez
- Sand Volleyball beat Veritas Prep (finished season ranked #9 in the Division)
- JV Boys Volleyball beat Mesquite
- Boys Tennis beat Marcos de Niza, Casa Grande: JV beat Marcos de Niza
- Girls Tennis beat Marcos de Niza: JV beat Casa Grande
J.O. Combs Unified Schools
Start planning your Summer of Fun today with enrichment classes during June! Children in grades Kindergarten to 6th grade can select from a variety of fun classes including Grossology, Krafty Kids, Summer Authors and so many more! Check out the entire catalog and sign up today! Check out the entire catalog and sign up today! Summer of Fun! Enrichment Catalog.