Spring Break is right around the corner our students and staff will be off the week of . Students will return to school on with our regular schedule. One week to go and our third quarter will end as well.
For all parents/guardians and students:
- For our out of district students is the deadline for your re-application for the 2018-19 school year. Please contact our main office for the documents or see our J.O. Combs website. With registration for the 2018-19 school year underway; we need each family of a future 9,10 and 11th grader to fill out the attached intent to return survey. With your family information, you will be better able to predict student enrollment which will effect staffing for teachers at CHS. Your information is critical to this process. Thank you for filling this out. The survey will be open until March 2. https://goo.gl/forms/
- Our monthly site council meeting will be on in the CHS library. The agenda is attached for your review.
- Congratulations to our students of the month:
- Combs High School—Spencer Mattson. Mr. Nick Smith says, “Spencer Mattson has taken a leadership role on campus and helped to organize the 17 minutes of silence for the recent victims of the Florida school shooting. He has helped to bring meaning to a chaotic situation”.
- Banner Hospital— (the trait of responsibility)—Ms. Jenny McKee says, “Jordan Hodge lives the trait of Responsibility. Jordan is beloved by many of her teachers for her kind nature and dedication to her school work. When Jordan was gone to help her mom recover after surgery, she made sure to check with all of her teachers to find out what she would miss, and need to make up. She was recently out sick for two days, and still kept in daily contact checking with her teachers to make sure she would be caught up when she came back to school. Jordan is frequently given tasks by teachers to go deliver work to other classes because she is so responsible and dependable. Jordan exemplifies responsibility to the maximum level”.
- Kiwanis International—Ms. Jess Furman says, “Nathalie Nyemb is a senior that first came to Combs at the end of her sophomore year. Many of her credits did not transfer, but Nathalie was determined to graduate on-time. While it was not going to be an easy journey, Nathalie jumped right in and got to work. When she needs help, Nathalie asks questions, shows a lot of determination and persistence - she is certainly not afraid of hard work. Nathalie also utilized summer school last summer to continue getting her credits completed. She would come to campus and work here on campus all morning. Then, when she got home, she would hop back on the computer to work more! Many students complete 1 semester worth of work in the 4-week summer session. Nathalie completed about 4 times the work! Despite needing to learn English at the same time, Nathalie has gotten herself completely caught up on credits and is now even working on additional classes to better prepare herself for college. Way to go Nathalie! We are so proud of you”.
COUNSELING DEPARTMENT: Upcoming events from the CHS counselors, please add these dates to your calendar. Students, please see your counselor for more information on these post-secondary opportunities.
- CAC Accuplacer test--- (please see your counselor for more information)
- 4th quarter events coming soon…….stay tuned.
Summer School 2018
- It is not too early to start planning for summer school. The registration portal is open on the J.O. Combs website www.jocombs.org go to the Community Education tab to sign up. You can also find the link on the CHS site under Academics https://combshs.jocombs.org/. Summer school will be Mondays-Thursdays with all Fridays off. There will be two sessions an AM and PM session. Please registrar today, when sections are full, the portal will close, do not miss your opportunity! Also, scholarships are available for tuition, please see the attachment to apply and to learn about this opportunity.
Free/Reduced Applications: Are accepted all year long.
- Students who are eligible for free and/or reduced lunch are also eligible for free and/or reduced breakfast daily. Students may also receive a reduction on AP Exams, tutoring scholarships and college scholarships. Make sure your student is afforded every opportunity. Parents may also submit the Free and Reduced Lunch Application online. Please visit https://secure.ezmealapp.com/
Default.aspxto begin the process. Please call 480-987-5312 if you need any assistance.
- EzSchoolpay.com: This is an online payment option for parents to add money and monitor student accounts. Please call 480-987-5312 for your student’s ID number. Checking your child’s account balance and making payments online are great benefits. There is a $2.50 processing fee for each transaction.
Coyote Clubs/Activities and Sports:
Athletic and Activities calendar:
Friday, March 2 Sand Volleyball @ North Pointe Prep
Saturday, March 3 Cheer/Pom @ AZ State Cheer Tournament
- Fr/JV Softball HOME vs. St. Mary's
Varsity Softball @ St. Mary's
- JV/Varsity Baseball HOME vs. St. Mary's
Boys Tennis HOME vs. Greenway
Boys Volleyball HOME vs. Northwest Christian
Fr/JV Softball HOME vs. Washington
Varsity Softball @ Washington
- Boys Tennis @ Notre Dame Prep
Girls Tennis @ Greenway
- Varsity Baseball @ Casa Grande
JV Baseball HOME vs. Casa Grande
Boys Volleyball HOME vs. Westwood 4:00/5:00 p.m.
Fr/JV Softball @ Casa Grande
Varsity Softball HOME vs. Casa Grande
Sand Volleyball HOME vs. Veritas Prep
- Sand Volleyball @ Fountain Hills
Track @ Benjamin Franklin High School
- Baseball HOME vs. Dysart JV/VAR:
Softball @ Dysart JV/VAR:
- Baseball HOME vs. Estrella Foothills
JV Baseball @ Estrella Foothills
- Varsity Softball beat Seton Catholic, Estrella Foothills and Higley
- JV Boys Volleyball beat Betty H. Fairfax and Sunrise Mountain
- Boys Tennis beat Sierra Linda and Maricopa
- JV Boys Tennis beat Maricopa
J.O. Combs Unified Schools:
- Please join us for the J.O. Combs Job Fair from at Combs High School. We are looking for people dedicated to improving the lives of our students. Visit www.jocombs.org under the Employment tab for a list of all current openings.