Registration for students begins in the week of . Student attendance is key to the registration process; students will be inputting their class selections into the system. Please check your student’s documents for accuracy. Our counselors will be facilitating this process.
For all parents/guardians and students:
- The annual J.O. Combs SciTech Festival is right around the corner. Join us at CHS as we celebrate STEAM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math! Attendees will enjoy viewing student projects and hands-on activities provided by Combs High School Teachers and Arizona businesses. This event is open to all community members. Hope to see you there! Please see the attached flyer.
- For our out of district students is the deadline for your re-application for the 2018-19 school year. Please contact our main office for the documents or see our J.O. Combs website.
- Our February meeting for the CHS site council is set for in the library. Our focus for the month is registration and planning for testing. Important information about these two spring time practices at CHS will be covered. Our agenda for this meeting is attached.
- Students of the Month:
- CHS- All Around Great Coyote: Issac Arrollado
"Issac really models the tenets of being a Coyote. He works very hard both in and out of the classroom. He is kind to everyone! I have never heard a negative, hurtful, or sarcastic comment made by Issac to another student or staff member. Additionally, he makes smart choices. He asks questions in class, engages in his lessons, and completes the practice needed to master the objective. Way to go, Issac! " Nominated by Lori Schneider
- Banner Hospital--the trait of fairness: Stacy Johnson says, "I would like to nominate Freddi Anderson. Freddi is a freshman student in my 6th hour English class. She actively participates in class discussions and offers great insights, she completes her work on time and thoroughly, she supports other students in her class by peer tutoring and maintains excellent grades in all her other courses as well. Additionally, she helps Mr. Hoensee as an athletic trainer after school several evenings a week. She is compassionate, full of school spirit and an example to her peers. She is consistently upbeat and positive about things going on around the campus and in her community. I wish there were more Freddi Andersons in the world."
- Kiwanis International: "I would like to nominate Marcello Aguilera for Kiwanis International student of the month. I have had Marcello as a student for three years and have watched him grow. He has turned into an exceptional student with great work ethic. Things may take longer for him to complete, but he will still put forth his best effort. He has come in to get extra help on assignments. He will advocate for extended time so that he can turn in an A assignment rather than just get the assignment done to get it done. He doesn't not let things get in his way" Nominated by Teena Houck.
COUNSELING DEPARTMENT: Upcoming events from the CHS counselors, please add these dates to your calendar. Students, please see your counselor for more information on these post-secondary opportunities.
- Registration for the 2018-19 school year is
- CAC lunch visit is
Registration for 2018-2019
- January 23 one-on-one meetings for all students began with their counselor. This is when each student will have credit check, a transcript review and all students will receive their course catalog and their registration paperwork.
- registration begins in computer labs. The counselors will be checking for signatures from parents/guardians and all teachers. If the document is incomplete without all the needed signatures, the student will be registrared at a different time. To ensure the best chance for securing student first choices for electives, all students and their families must check the registration document for accuracy and staff/parent or guardian signatures.
- All registration will be completed by
Free/Reduced Applications: Are accepted all year long.
- Students who are eligible for free and/or reduced lunch are also eligible for free and/or reduced breakfast daily. Students may also receive a reduction on AP Exams, tutoring scholarships and college scholarships. Make sure your student is afforded every opportunity. Parents may also submit the Free and Reduced Lunch Application online. Please visit https://secure.ezmealapp.com/
Default.aspxto begin the process. Please call 480-987-5312 if you need any assistance.
- EzSchoolpay.com: This is an online payment option for parents to add money and monitor student accounts. Please call 480-987-5312 for your student’s ID number. Checking your child’s account balance and making payments online are great benefits. There is a $2.50 processing fee for each transaction.
Coyote Clubs/Activities and Sports:
Athletic and Activities calendar:
- Baseball HOME vs. Tempe (scrimmage)
, —Sand Volleyball vs. Queen Creek (scrimmage)
, - Baseball vs. Mingus JV/VAR HOME, Freshman @ Mingus
Softball @ Mingus
Tennis vs. Sierra Linda Girls HOME, Boys @ Sierra Linda
- Sand Volleyball @ Mohave
- Baseball vs. Seton Catholic VAR HOME, Freshman @ Seton
Softball vs. Seton Catholic VAR HOME
Tennis vs. Coconino Girls HOME
Boys Volleyball @ Betty H Fairfax
- Baseball @ Florence Tournament
Softball vs. Estrella Foothills JV HOME, VAR @ Estrella
Tennis vs. Maricopa Girls HOME, Boys @ Maricopa
Sand Volleyball HOME vs. Scottsdale Prep
Track @ Higley
The CHS Dance Team is having a kids camp on Saturday, February, 10. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
J.O. Combs Unified Schools:
- Please join us for the J.O. Combs Job Fair from at Combs High School. We are looking for people dedicated to improving the lives of our students. Visit www.jocombs.org under the Employment tab for a list of all current openings.