January is behind us and February is the month for registration. Please review the processes for course selection for the 2018-19 school year. Everyone has a responsibility in this process: students, their families and the CHS staff.
For all parents/guardians and students:
- The annual E4T Conference for our junior Coyotes is This is the curriculum of the day for the Junior students who turned in their fieldtrip paperwork; for the students who did not turn in their paperwork, they are expected to attend classes at CHS that day..
- Queen Creek and Combs High School are extremely fortunate to be able to partner in presenting the E4T (Elevate for ) conference sponsored by Chic-fil-a this year on at the Queen Creek High School campus. This is an opportunity for Juniors Students from a few different schools to meet with area business leaders as well as college recruiters to help them with the skills and education needed to obtain a good job. We are looking for volunteers to help with the event. We will need help greeting students and making sure they know where they are going. We will need assistance during the breakout sessions as well as during lunch. We are looking to have 30 volunteers assist throughout the conference. We will need volunteers from Please contact the volunteer coordinator, Jeff Horton, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (480) 987-5979 if you are able to assist.
- Congratulations to Ms. Jessica Furman, one of our CHS math teachers for earning her National Board Certification (NBC)! CHS is proud to now have two NBC Teachers: Ms. Jessica Furman and Ms. Cindi Andrew.
- The annual J.O. Combs SciTech Festival is right around the corner. Join us at CHS as we celebrate STEAM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math! Attendees will enjoy viewing student projects and hands-on activities provided by Combs High School Teachers and Arizona businesses. This event is open to all community members. Hope to see you there! Please see the attached flyer.
- The Glow Dance is in the cafeteria. If your student wants to bring a guest, all paperwork must be in by on to the main office. That paperwork is attached in this update.
- Spirit week dress up days (February 5-9th):
- - 80's Work Out Day
- - Opposite Day
- - Wacky
- - Tie Dye
- Friday- Neon Day, assembly, and Glow Dance (7-10p)
- Congratulations to our CHS book club students for their passion for reading. In December and January, these students read a total of 115 books from our library.
- Robert Jones 20 books
- Harmony Allred 15 books
- Nathan Fajardo 15 books
- Christopher Todd 12 books
- Leann Day 10 books
- Kyron Bennett 9 books
- Samantha DeSouto 9 books
- Wayne Porter 9 books
- Seth Baker 8 books
- Jacob Bird 8 books
COUNSELING DEPARTMENT: Upcoming events from the CHS counselors, please add these dates to your calendar. Students, please see your counselor for more information on these post-secondary opportunities.
- E4T Conference for all Juniors at QCHS is
- Registration for the 2018-19 school year is
- CAC lunch visit is
Registration for 2018-2019
- January 23 one-on-one meetings for all students began with their counselor. This is when each student will have credit check, a transcript review and all students will receive their course catalog and their registration paperwork.
- registration begins in computer labs. The counselors will be checking for signatures from parents/guardians and all teachers. If the document is incomplete without all the needed signatures, the student will be registrared at a different time. To ensure the best chance for securing student first choices for electives, all students and their families must check the registration document for accuracy and staff/parent or guardian signatures.
- All registration will be completed by
Free/Reduced Applications: Are accepted all year long.
- Students who are eligible for free and/or reduced lunch are also eligible for free and/or reduced breakfast daily. Students may also receive a reduction on AP Exams, tutoring scholarships and college scholarships. Make sure your student is afforded every opportunity. Parents may also submit the Free and Reduced Lunch Application online. Please visit https://secure.ezmealapp.com/
Default.aspxto begin the process. Please call 480-987-5312 if you need any assistance.
- EzSchoolpay.com: This is an online payment option for parents to add money and monitor student accounts. Please call 480-987-5312 for your student’s ID number. Checking your child’s account balance and making payments online are great benefits. There is a $2.50 processing fee for each transaction.
Coyote Clubs/Activities and Sports:
Coyotes in the news:
Congratulations to Isiah Jacobs one of our talented wrestlers for his feature in Casa Grande Dispatch. Please copy and paste this article into your browser to read about this young man.
Athletic and Activities calendar:
Saturday Feb 3 - Wrestling @ Sectional Tournament - Florence High School
- Girls Basketball HOME vs. Cortez 4:00/5:30/7:00
Spring Sports - Tryouts Begin (Baseball, Softball, Boys Volleyball, Sand Volleyball, Tennis, Track)
Friday/Saturday Feb 9/10 - Wrestling @ State Tournament - Prescott Valley Event Center
- Baseball HOME vs. Tempe (scrimmage)
, —Sand Volleyball vs. Queen Creek (scrimmage)
, - Baseball vs. Mingus JV/VAR HOME, Freshman @ Mingus
Softball @ Mingus
Tennis vs. Sierra Linda Girls HOME, Boys @ Sierra Linda
- Sand Volleyball @ Mohave
- Baseball vs. Seton Catholic VAR HOME, Freshman @ Seton
Softball vs. Seton Catholic VAR HOME
Tennis vs. Coconino Girls HOME
Boys Volleyball @ Betty H Fairfax
- Baseball @ Florence Tournament
Softball vs. Estrella Foothills JV HOME, VAR @ Estrella
Tennis vs. Maricopa Girls HOME, Boys @ Maricopa
Sand Volleyball HOME vs. Scottsdale Prep
Track @ Higley
Freshmen and JV boys’ basketball beat Coronado
Wrestling team are the Black Canyon League and Sectional Champions
Freshmen girls’ basketball beat Coronado
Girls soccer tied Washington
The CHS Dance Team is having a kids camp , February, 10. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
J.O. Combs Unified Schools:
- It is not too early to think about kindergarten—our Combs Elementary schools have scheduled their open house for the youngest of our future Coyotes. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
- Please join us for the J.O. Combs Job Fair from at Combs High School. We are looking for people dedicated to improving the lives of our students. Visit www.jocombs.org under the Employment tab for a list of all current openings.