Student registration is right around the corner for the 2018-19 school year. Please see the important information in this update.
For all parents/guardians and students:
- The student WiFi is now up and running on our campus. Students can access academic sites and through their personal technology for school work. The campus now has great WiFi connectivity throughout the campus. In addition, outdoor access points have been added so that staff and students can access the wireless network in the courtyard, common areas and outside the cafeteria. The wireless network connection available to students when they are on campus it is named Student-BYOD. When a student accesses the WiFi connection the student will be presented with a splash page. The student will sign in with the domain Username and Password (not Google account). Students will be able to access their Google account and Google Apps including their Google Drive, Calendar, Docs, and Classroom. Other apps present on their personal devices will be restricted, for example, apps like Facebook, Instagram, chatting and messaging apps will launch but will not connect to the Internet.
- Please remind your student that any misuse of our district technology has consequences. Our Technology Department is monitoring all use of computers and WiFi and if they see any violations of our district technology policies, the CHS administrative team can give consequences for students who breaks our code of conduct.
- Need copies of your student’s birth certificate? The Arizona Department of Health Services, Bureau of Vital Records (Department) has implemented a new online ordering service for Vital Records. Parents and guardians enrolling children in school or who need additional copies for their records can now order the child’s birth certificate online. Processing and mailing of the birth certificate is quick and convenient with this new service. Please go the following website to order them: www.azhealth.gov/
- Banner Health provide FREE health care services to children who are uninsured. Any uninsured child is welcome clinics and can obtain health care such as a sports physical, well child check, immunizations, sick care (cold, flu, strep, pink eye, ear infection, UTI, etc.) and they can provide low-cost referrals for specialty care needs as well. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
- The annual E4T Conference for our junior Coyotes will be coming up soon. Please watch for these forms to be delivered to your electronic school accounts on and returned by students no later than the 26th. The signed permission slips must be in by so that transportation and meal planning can be accurate. Please see the attached flyer for information.
COUNSELING DEPARTMENT: Upcoming events from the CHS counselors, please add these dates to your calendar. Students, please see your counselor for more information on these post-secondary opportunities.
--Future Coyote Open House in the cafeteria/big gym
Registration for 2018-2019
- January 23 one-on-one meetings for all students will begin with their counselor. This is when each student will have credit check, a transcript review and all students will receive their course catalog and their registration paperwork.
- registration begins in computer labs. The counselors will be checking for signatures from parents/guardians and all teachers. If the document is incomplete without all the needed signatures, the student will be registrared at a different time. To ensure the best chance for securing student first choices for electives, all students and their families must check the registration document for accuracy and staff/parent or guardian signatures.
- All registration will be completed by
Free/Reduced Applications: Are accepted all year long.
- Students who are eligible for free and/or reduced lunch are also eligible for free and/or reduced breakfast daily. Students may also receive a reduction on AP Exams, tutoring scholarships and college scholarships. Make sure your student is afforded every opportunity. Parents may also submit the Free and Reduced Lunch Application online. Please visit https://secure.ezmealapp.com/
Default.aspxto begin the process. Please call 480-987-5312 if you need any assistance.
- EzSchoolpay.com: This is an online payment option for parents to add money and monitor student accounts. Please call 480-987-5312 for your student’s ID number. Checking your child’s account balance and making payments online are great benefits. There is a $2.50 processing fee for each transaction.
Coyote Clubs/Activities and Sports:
- , the Combs Football Booster Club is sponsoring a “Date with your Daughter” on Saturday, January 20 so mark your calendars for this special evening for fathers and their K-12th grade daughters; this dance will be held at CHS. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
Athletic and Activities calendar:
Friday, January 19 - Boys Basketball @ Thunderbird
Boys Soccer @ Apache Junction
Girls Basketball HOME vs. Thunderbird 4:00/5:30/7:00 p.m.
Girls Soccer HOME vs. Apache Junction 4:00/6:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 20 - FR/JV Wrestling @ Desert Vista
Cheer @ STATE (Chase Field)performances at
- Boys Basketball HOME vs. Cortez 4:00/5:30/7:00
Boys Soccer HOME vs. Washington 4:00/6:00
Girls Basketball @ Cortez
Girls Soccer @ Washington
- Wrestling @ Campo Verde
- Boys Basketball @ Coronado
Girls Basketball HOME vs. Coronado 4:00/5:30/7:00
, - Freshman/JV Wrestling @ Mesquite
- JV boys’ basketball beat Washington and Apache Junction
- JV girls’ basketball beat Apache Junction
- Freshman girls’ basketball beat Washington
- Varsity girls’ soccer beat Cortez
- Wrestling beat Casa Grande, Poston Butte and Apache Junction
J.O. Combs Unified Schools:
- Combs Middle School Open House: Parents, incoming 7th graders, and new students are invited to an Open House at Combs Middle School beginning at for middle school overview, school tour, and staff introductions.
- It is not too early to think about kindergarten—our Combs Elementary schools have scheduled their open house for the youngest of our future Coyotes. Please see the attached flyer for more information.