Welcome back to the Spring Semester at CHS. We all are committed to student success for all. So, Coyote families, please stay in touch with your student’s teachers so that the semester starts off well and our staff will be reaching out to you so our home and school connection is strong.
For all parents/guardians and students:
- The student WiFi is now up and running on our campus. Students can access academic sites and through their personal technology for school work. The campus now has great WiFi connectivity throughout the campus. In addition, outdoor access points have been added so that staff and students can access the wireless network in the courtyard, common areas and outside the cafeteria. The wireless network connection available to students when they are on campus it is named Student-BYOD. When a student accesses the WiFi connection the student will be presented with a splash page. The student will sign in with the domain Username and Password (not Google account). Students will be able to access their Google account and Google Apps including their Google Drive, Calendar, Docs, and Classroom. Other apps present on their personal devices will be restricted, for example, apps like Facebook, Instagram, chatting and messaging apps will launch but will not connect to the Internet.
- Do you have some time in your schedule to help our Career and Technical Education students learn about employability skills? Can you help with interviewing them so they know what it takes to get the job of their choice? If you have time on at CHS please contact John Scrogham our CTE coordinator at email@example.com to help out.
- Fencing and equipment are being delivered to the site now for our upcoming start to construction on our campus. As soon as the county approves the final permits, digging will begin. This will increase noise, dust and traffic/walking restrictions on our campus so keep all doors and windows to vehicles closed and doors on campus shut. Also, please do not go to the construction sites to watch the work, we want everyone to be safe and to give the workers the space they need to build our new facilities. The two areas of construction will be the fieldhouse and the auditorium on the west and east sides of the school.
- Our monthly site council meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 8 in the library beginning at . Please see the attached agenda for the meeting. This group meets monthly to review school programming and academic plans along with other school based programming.
- Tutoring will resume for the second semester on . Students must sign up to attend. Sign-up sheets are located outside room 406. Students must use their ID number to sign up for confidentially purposes.
- Please mark your calendars for our Future Coyotes Open House event. If you know families that are moving to the area or you know students who are looking for a change, our annual family night for the community gives people the opportunity to see our school, academic programs and clubs, sports and activities. The event begins at and runs until on . The event will begin in our cafeteria and big gym.
- Next week our second semester Principal’s Pass awards will be given to the students who have earned a 3.1 GPA in the Fall 2017 semester. If your student earned this semester grade, then have them go to the bookstore for a sticker for their ID that will get them into all sporting events for free this spring.
- Please see the attached flyer for information about teenager support groups. As our school focuses on social-emotional supports for our students on campus, we want to share with you, information about what programming is offered off campus.
COUNSELING DEPARTMENT: Upcoming events from the CHS counselors, please add these dates to your calendar. Students, please see your counselor for more information on these post-secondary opportunities.
—Ottawa Campus tour
--Safe Talk training
--CAC Lunch visit
-- 8th grade registration presentations
--8Th grade visit to CHS
--Future Coyote Open House begins at in the cafeteria/big gym
Free/Reduced Applications: Are accepted all year long.
- Students who are eligible for free and/or reduced lunch are also eligible for free and/or reduced breakfast daily. Students may also receive a reduction on AP Exams, tutoring scholarships and college scholarships. Make sure your student is afforded every opportunity. Parents may also submit the Free and Reduced Lunch Application online. Please visit https://secure.ezmealapp.com/
Default.aspxto begin the process. Please call 480-987-5312 if you need any assistance.
- EzSchoolpay.com: This is an online payment option for parents to add money and monitor student accounts. Please call 480-987-5312 for your student’s ID number. Checking your child’s account balance and making payments online are great benefits. There is a $2.50 processing fee for each transaction.
Coyote Clubs/Activities and Sports:
- The Combs Football Booster Club is sponsoring a “Date with your Daughter” on so mark your calendars for this special evening for fathers and their K-12thgrade daughters; this dance will be held at CHS. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
Athletic and Activities calendar:
- Boys Basketball HOME vs. Coronado 4:00/5:30/7:00 p.m.
Boys Soccer HOME vs. Seton Catholic 4:00/6:00 p.m.
Girls Basketball @ Coronado
Girls Varsity Soccer @ Seton Catholic
- Wrestling @ Casa Grande
- Boys Basketball HOME vs. Washington 4:00/5:30/7:00 p.m.
Boys Soccer @ Dysart
Girls Basketball @ Washington
Girls Soccer HOME vs. Dysart 4:00/6:00 p.m.
- Boys Basketball @ Cortez
Girls JV Soccer HOME vs. Queen Creek
Wrestling @ Apache Junction Invitational
- Wrestling @ Apache Junction Invitational
- Boys Basketball (all levels) beat Metro Tech before the winter holiday break and the varsity team beat St. Johns and Hayden at their tournament over the holiday break
- Girls Basketball (freshman and varsity) defeated Dysart and varsity beat Metro Tech
- Girls Soccer placed 2nd at the Apache Junction Gold Cup Invitational over the holiday vacation.
J.O. Combs Unified Schools:
- Combs Middle School Open House: Parents, incoming 7th graders, and new students are invited to an Open House at Combs Middle School beginning at for middle school overview, school tour, and staff introductions.
- It is not too early to think about kindergarten—our Combs Elementary schools have scheduled their open house for the youngest of our future Coyotes. Please see the attached flyer for more information.