November 9, 2017
Friday, November 10 is a non-school day so we can celebrate Veterans’ Day. See you all on Monday, November 13.
For all parents/guardians and students:
- Combs High School is in beginning stages of organizing an Alumni Association and we are looking for graduates and staff to participate in this exciting process. If you are interested in learning more, please contact—Brooke Davis, Principal at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Combs High School has an opportunity to partner with MIKID, an organization focused on improving the behavioral health and welcome of children and youth. Every high school student and staff will participate in an hour-long presentation in their math class about the Signs of Suicide Prevention Program (SOS). The training will focus on increasing the knowledge and awareness of depression and suicide as well as strategies to acknowledge what friends or self is feeling, showing care to others and telling an adult so that support may be provided. The training will take place at the high school in November.
Testing schedule and calendar planning:
- - This is day 1 of our AZ Merit Fall Testing Window. There is no adjust the bell schedule this day.
- - This is day 2 of our AZ Merit Fall Testing Window. Again, no adjustment to the bell schedule.
- Mark your calendar for the community auditorium groundbreaking ceremony on December 11, 2017 from 9:30 am - 11:30 am at Combs High School. We look forwarding to seeing you there!
COUNSELING DEPARTMENT: Upcoming events from the CHS counselors, please add these dates to your calendar. Students, please see your counselor for more information on these post-secondary opportunities.
Nov 13th NAU Campus tour
UA Campus tour
Ottawa Campus tour
Free/Reduced Applications: Are accepted all year long.
- Students who are eligible for free and/or reduced lunch are also eligible for free and/or reduced breakfast daily. Students may also receive a reduction on AP Exams, tutoring scholarships and college scholarships. Make sure your student is afforded every opportunity. Parents may also submit the Free and Reduced Lunch Application online. Please visit https://secure.ezmealapp.com/
Default.aspxto begin the process. Please call 480-987-5312 if you need any assistance.
- EzSchoolpay.com: This is an online payment option for parents to add money and monitor student accounts. Please call 480-987-5312 for your student’s ID number. Checking your child’s account balance and making payments online are great benefits. There is a $2.50 processing fee for each transaction.
Coyote Clubs/Activities and Sports:
Athletic and Activities calendar:
Marching Coyote Regiment competitions:
Congratulations to our Marching Coyote Regiment for their #1 ranking in the state. See them in action:
- Saturday, November 11 (AZMBA Championships) --Perry High School at
- (ABODA State Championships) TBA.
CHS Spirit line competition:
The CHS Spirit line will perform at Verrano High School on November 11 for the AIA state championships.
- Poms team perform at
- All girl stunt team at
- Cheer team at
- "Family Night" @ Panda Express (21184 E Ocotillo Rd) proceeds go to CHS Freshman Class
- Boys Soccer HOME vs. Walden Grove JV-4:00, VAR-6:00
Girls Soccer @ Walden Grove
Girls Basketball @ St. Mary's
Wrestling HOME vs. Payson, Arcadia, Camp Verde
- "Family Night" @ Mod Pizza (21295 E Ellsworth Loop Rd)
proceeds go to CHS Sophomore Class
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- No School
Boys Varsity Basketball @ Chandler Prep Tournament
- Boys Varsity Basketball @ Chandler Prep Tournament
Fr/JV Wrestling @ Perry
State Swim Results:
Congratulations Coyote Swimmers:
Final AZ D3 State standings:
#11 - Chandler Schutte (9) > 500yd Freestyle
#24 - Aaron Larkin (11) > 100yd Butterfly
#9 - Haylee Haynes (9) > 200yd Freestyle
#7 - Haylee Haynes (9) > 100yd Freestyle
#12 - Nickelle Haynes (11) > 200yd Freestyle
#15 - Nickelle Haynes (11) > 50yd Freestyle
#19 - Jenna Nichols (10) > 200yd Individual Medley
#20 - Jenna Nichols (10) > 100yd Butterfly
#16 - 200yd Medley Relay
Backstroke - Sariah Ray
Breaststroke - Abby Wendt
Butterfly - Sarah Ricks
Freestyle - Sevanna Ray
#10 - 200yd Freestyle Relay
#11 - 400yd Freestyle Relay
State Cross County results:
- The boys team came in 20th out of 27 teams.
- Addison Craig 45 out of 203 runners
- Andy Graves 53 out of 203 runners
- Eric Davis 132 out of 203 runners
- Damien Meitner 145 out of 203 runners
- Isaiah Amador 155 out of 203 runners
- Ammon Jones 197 out of 203 ruuners
- Owen Adams 200 out of 203 runners
- Arleth Mejia-Garcia (our one female runner) came in 93 out of 159.
- Arleth had the best finish for any girls’ runner in Combs history. Also, she set the Sophomore Girl's Record with a
J.O. Combs Unified Schools:
- J.O. Combs launched new district and school websites in October. The updated sites are responsive meaning they adjust to any device and links important to parents are easier to find. If you have suggestions for information that may be helpful, please contact your school's administrative assistant. Visit the new sites at www.jocombs.org.
- Thanksgiving is right around the corner and our J.O. Combs Food Bank needs your help. Please see the attached flyer for more information.