FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 1, 2019
J.O. Combs Unified School District to Host Thanksgiving Food Drive
SAN TAN VALLEY, ARIZ. - Starting Monday, November 4, the J.O. Combs Unified School District will host a Thanksgiving Food Drive to collect assorted items to help provide Thanksgiving Food Boxes for those in need throughout the community.
All seven schools, in addition to the District office, will serve as donation sites for the public to drop off items. The locations for each site are listed below:
- District Office, 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140
- Combs High School, 2505 E Germann Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140
- Combs Traditional Academy, 37327 N Gantzel Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140
- Combs Middle School, 37611 N Pecan Creek Dr., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140
- Ellsworth Elementary , 38454 N Carolina Ave., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140
- Harmon Elementary, 39315 N Cortona Dr., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140
- Ranch Elementary, 43521 N Kenworthy Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140
- Simonton Elementary, 40300 N Simonton Blvd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140
Requested items include turkeys, hams, chickens, gravy mix, potatoes, rice, dinner rolls, stuffing mix, cranberry sauce, pasta, and grocery store gift cards. The Thanksgiving Food Drive will run from November 4 through November 15, and the school site that collects the most food will receive special recognition at an upcoming Governing Board meeting.
"The Thanksgiving Food Drive allows our schools and community to come together and help local families enjoy the holiday," said Kayla Fulmer, Director of Marketing and Community Relations. "For many of our families in need, a Thanksgiving meal wouldn't be possible without the generous support of these donations. Everyone deserves to celebrate Thanksgiving with those they love and we are glad that together we can help make that possible."
Distribution of Thanksgiving Food Boxes will take place on Tuesday, November 26 from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm on a first come, first served basis at the J.O. Combs Food Bank located at 301 E. Combs Road, San Tan Valley, AZ 85140.
Individuals or organizations who are interested in assisting with the assembly and distribution of food boxes should contact Kayla Fulmer at (480) 987-5322 or by email at email@example.com.